Labels

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

DOLL: Firestar x 2

Classic Firestar Doll
Sketch is pencil,
Final is watercolor & india ink
2010

ARTIST'S COMMENTS:
This was a fun little exercise.  I originally did the two Firestar images as a thank-you to a fellow DeviantArtist.  I'm not overly familiar with the character, being a DC Comics girl (the only Marvel I'm overly familiar with is X-Men & I haven't followed that for almost 2 decades), but I love her design :)

The sketches are really indicative of how I draw.  Usually a finished piece starts out as some little doodle in my sketchbook.  After a few size changes with the photocopier, I trace the image using a lightboard (read: a window that the sun is shining through) onto watercolor paper.  Any final changes to the design happen at this stage.  For complex works, it is not unusual that I sketch individual aspects on different pieces of paper.  It's not the easiest way, but it works for me :)


Firestar Doll
Sketch is pencil,
Final is watercolor & india ink
2010

ARTIST'S COMMENTS:
And this would be the second doll I did as a thank-you.  Why two?  Because I couldn't decide which costume I wanted to do, simple as that :)

The disclaimer:  Firestar is © Marvel Entertainment Group/Disney.  Art is by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment