Labels

Sunday, 12 August 2012

FROM THE VAULT: Kameko


Kameko
Pencil sketchbook entry
1999

ARTIST'S COMMENTS:
Back in the day, I used to frequent a local pub & always had my sketchbook on hand.  People looked at me funny but I managed to get a LOT of work done there.  Gotta love any place that will allow you to set up a full set of watercolors & india inks in their establishment.  This drawing is one of the many I managed to get done there.  Kameko is a character from a story of mine called 'Haven' - it's pretty well an ongoing tale that I hope to finish before I shuffle off this mortal coil.  Place your bets.

For the record, she does have 3 eyes - I just got lazy with drawing the last one.  The technique for drawing hair is one I seldom use anymore & I think I should maybe revisit it again.  It's time consuming but makes for easy detail :)

The disclaimer: Kameko is copyright protected.  She's all mine, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment